***

*****

*****

Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting Started

Well, at the insistence of my husband, I have decided to start a blog. After seeing Larry and Amy's, we decided it looked like a good idea. I think it will be a good way for ALL in the family to keep up with what we are up to, and then I can get rid of my Facebook page, (I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, as I'm getting kind of sick of it):-).

Anyway, things around the Lotterman household have been pretty routine. This is a good thing, and I don't mind it a bit. We have been enjoying the last two weeks of sunshine and warmer temperatures ALOT. The boys love to be outside, riding their bikes and playing with their various toys in the driveway. Bradyn is thoroughly enjoying his days in Kindergarten, and often says he wishes he could go every day, we'll see how he feels about that next year!! (I must admit, I don't mind the every other day thing, as it still gives me a chance to sleep in 2 days a week :-) ) Bradyn is starting to read like crazy, (reading every sign he can while we go down the road) and amazes us every day with the new things he comes home with. He's also starting to tell time and loves to tell me what time it is during the days he's not is school. He has become quite the big helper to me around the house, always willing to pick up his toys, make his bed, and help set and clear the table. He is very excitedly awaiting September when his new baby sibling arrives, he wants a baby sister sooo bad, lets hope he's not tooo disappointed if he gets a baby brother......:-) Austin is a very busy 3 year old, and loves to do everything his big brother does. When Bradyn is home, they are nearly inseperable!! I'm glad they get along so well! On the days when Bradyn is in school, he is very good about finding ways to entertain himself, but is most excited when it's time to pick Bradyn up from school! I don't think he has fully grasped the concept of a new baby coming, and may not until it actually arrives. Hopefully he adjusts better than his big brother, to a new sibling. :-)

I have been keeping busy with my normal household chores, trying to find some extra energy to get it all done. I tell ya, being pregnant and trying to keep up with 2 busy boys and a busy husband is sure tiring! I am happy that I have been feeling better during the days for the past 2 weeks, and only feel yucky at night. By that time Russ is home and can help with the boys if I don't feel up to it. Even this is starting to get better, so hopefully in the next few weeks, it will be all gone. We are currently about 13 1/2 weeks along and are soo thankful that so far this pregnancy has been uneventful. God has been soo good to us!!

Russ is getting back into landscaping again after working for Herman throughout the winter. We are thankful that God provided for us in that way too. Although, he has mentioned a few times that it is quite nice to be able to sleep until 7 am instead of getting up at 5 or 5:30 am. He is NOT a morning person, so this is just wonderful for him!! :-) As of this past Tuesday, he started back at Artistic Landscapes and it looks like they have quite a busy spring ahead of them! Yea! Again we are amazed at how our Father provides!

As you all know, we have had our house up for sale since last September. We've had about 30 walk-throughs since then but no real interest. Until last week, when we had 2 different people take a 2nd walk through!! The first was last Tuesday, and that resulted in an offer. It was quite a low offer, so we of course counter offered, and they countered back at about $5000 than ours. Then on last Wednesday, another couple came through for a second look, and expressed real interest in it, and ended up offering a full price offer, we are currently waiting for them to get their pre-approval letter, and if all is well with them, we will be accepting their offer. We should find out in the next few days on that one. Although it will be hard to move from this nice chunk of land, (I could take or leave the house) we know that in this too, God has a plan for us. This is what He wants for our lives right now, and it is what is best for us!!

So this is just a start, and hopefully brings you up to speed about our lives. I hope to post at least once a week, but may post more often, if something real exciting happens! :-) That's all for now! We hope you all are having a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that's GREAT news on the house! Keep us "posted" haha. Hope it all goes through for you.
    I like these blogs,might have to start 1 myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for the news on the house and to you feeling better, too! :) I knew you had a few 2nd-time lookers but didnt' know about the offers. Hmmm...moving seems to be the trend in the family. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete