***

*****

*****

Monday, April 12, 2010

Seven Years Ago......

Seven years ago, Russ and I were blessed to become husband and wife. The Lord has blessed me immensely in the husband he has given me, I thank God for him everyday. He has blessed us richly in giving us two healthy boys, and so far, another healthy unborn child. We thank God for all He has,and continues to do for us!!

This past week, was not too busy, but not too slow. It was Spring Break week for us and for the most part, we were blessed with wonderful weather, except for a couple of days.

Monday, was spent mostly at home, getting my normal Monday chores accomplished. It sure was nice to be able to hang my laundry out on the line to dry. It always smells so good, when it's finished. That night we went to Matthew and Chelsea's house for supper,and Russ also did their taxes. Nope, no baby yet for them. It's been a long couple of weeks for them, and we pray their little one will make it's grand entrance soon! I also slipped away for a while to meet with my mom-in-law, and sisters-in-law, to plan Emily and Bethany's shower.

Tuesday we were up bright and early, for my monthly doctor's appointment. We dropped Austin off at Grandma Hassevoort's house, and Bradyn came with me, because he wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat. After a rather harrowing drive downtown in pouring rain, thunder, lightening and hail, we finally made it (only five minutes late) to the doctor. Things are progressing right on target, and she was able to find the baby's heartbeat right away, she said it sounded good and strong. I'm not sure what Bradyn thought of it all, he didn't really say much, except to tell me that I did very good at the doctor....hmmm, I wonder where he hears that from? :-) My blood pressure was a little high again, I chalked it up to the nerve wracking drive in, but it could very well be that we're starting the pregnancy induced hypertension again, she just told me to go and check it every once in a while at Meijer, and let her know if it stays high. I'm beginning to be feel little flutters, and so look forward to the movements getting stronger! That evening, Russ had a quick 30 minute tax return and then we were all able to relax together.

Wednesday, was another day at home, and inside, because it was cool and rainy. I spent most of that day finishing, things I didn't finish on Monday, and also getting started on a new crib set for the new baby. I'll post pictures when it's all finished.

Thursday,dawned bright and sunny, but it sure was COLD! It only reached a high of 42-45! The boys and I went to visit Russ at work, and bring him some coffee to warm him up!! Then it was back home to start packing for our night away.

Friday was also bright and sunny, but still cold. Russ worked until noon, and then we were off to Surfari Joes, an indoor water park/hotel in Watervliet, MI. We arrived at about 3pm, just in time to get into our room, and then headed down to the water park. My mom and siblings along with my sister Erin and her kids, and my brother Joel, and his family came for a few hours to enjoy the waterpark with us. They left at around 6:30, and we spent the rest of the night in the waterpark. The boys had a ton of fun, but they sure were tired!

Saturday,after breakfast at the hotel,a few more hours in the waterpark, and a couple of games in the arcade, we left the hotel and headed to South Haven. We walked the pier for a bit, until it got too cold, and then went back inland, and the boys had fun throwing stones into the channel and watching to see if dad could throw one all the way across the channel, to hit the other side. He did, and they thought he was just the best! (I think they're right, but not just because he can throw far....:-)) We headed home, and arrived just in time for the boys to have naps. They both slept for 2 1/2 hours!! This gave us time to get unpacked, and for me to get groceries. We met Herman and Lindy, and Russ' parents at the village dipper for supper, and ice cream. I love that place! It's so homey, and the people who own it are so nice. We'll definitely have to make the trips back out here occasionally, after we move away.

Sunday, we were able to enjoy going to church again, we had Prof. Hanko in the morning and Prof. Cammenga in the evening, as Rev. Eriks and his family were on vacation. After church in the evening, was Hudsonville Choral Society's annual Easter concert. Russ sings in the choir, so we stayed for that. The boys thought it was neat to see dad up there! It was a very nice concert, with songs reminding us of the unspeakable gift God gave for us, His people.

That about sums up our week. I am enjoying the beautiful sunshine this morning, and waiting eagerly for it to get warmer! It looks like a beautiful week again! We hope you enjoy it, and the many blessings that it brings!!









No comments:

Post a Comment