***

*****

*****

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Way back in February, Katie, Holly, Rachel Feenstra and I decided we would like to have our litte ones take swimming lessons.
We decided to go with our cousin Gayle Lotterman and to have them at Keith and Holly's pool. Gayle did a wonderful job being patient with our sometimes-not-so-willing little ones in the cool pool water. She was a champ!!
The kids had fun for the most part,at least mine did, I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone else, huh? Austin was able to complete all but one lesson, whereas Bradyn only completed 3 out of the eight. He came down with pneumonia after 2 days, and was finally better to complete the last lesson. Bummer!
I was amazed at how far Austin had come after only eight lessons!! By the end of the two weeks he was jumping into the deep end of the pool and swimming to the edge with no floating device whatsoever!! Pretty cool!!


Bradyn's lesson


Getting ready to swim with a noodle.



Austin and Dylan's lesson


Listening intently.....


Austin getting ready to jump in.


Swimming to the edge!!


Bradyn and Austin with Gayle.

No comments:

Post a Comment