***

*****

*****

Saturday, October 27, 2012

We call him Hobble.....

As many of you know, Russ had an unfortunate mishap at work on Thursday. I first heard about it when he called me around 2:30 in the afternoon. "Hi dear....I think I broke my ankle..." WHAT?!?!?! Anyway, his coworker very kindly brought him to urgent care, where I met him after I got the kids situated with a sitter at home. After x-rays, it was determined that there was no fracture but rather a severe sprain. They wrapped it in an ace bandage and gave him an air cast/splint to wear. He has been instructed to use his crutches through at least Sunday, and then walk as he feels he is able. He obviously didn't go to work on Friday, and will see how things are to go back to work on Monday. He was advised to do only "sit down" work...to which I asked "Do you know what a landscaper does?" :) It may be possible for him to do some driving around, delivering plants to job sites, and possibly some loader work, b/c it only requires use of his right foot. Today, he mowed the lawn and tried to clean up the rest of our leaves. Our mower only has pedals on the right side, so he did OK with that. He has been a very good patient and feels rather badly that I need to do things for him. I enjoy having him around, it's nice to have some adult companionship throughout the day. I only have one picture of him, I can't get the ones off his phone that his co-worker took of him b/c we don't have the right cord. We are thankful that his injury was not worse and hopefully he won't have to miss too much work. God is trying to tell him to slow down and rest. :)


1 comment: