***

*****

*****

Friday, March 15, 2013

Blessed Beyond Measure

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14

On Wednesday, March 13, God blessed our family with the birth of a beautiful, healthy baby GIRL!! Yes you read that right, this family with all boys now has a precious little girl to love and protect!! Gracie Ann Lotterman was born at 9:13 am weighing in at 8 lbs and 6 oz. and measuring 21 inches long.

We were scheduled for a C-section on Wednesday and had to be at Spectrum Butterworth by 6:30 am for our 8:30 surgery. We walked back at about 8:25, and after some struggle and 3 tries with the spinal, things were finally underway. I was able to request a mirror, which I did, as long as they waited to turn it until they were ready to pull the baby out....so this time I actually watched our baby be born and was amazed and flabbergasted when they pulled it out and lo and behold it was a GIRL!!! The entire OR was quite excited, as they knew we already had three boys at home. Russ and I just looked at each other and cried. We are still trying to process that we have a daughter, and are amazed at how many pink things she has already acquired. :) Her two older brothers were beyond excited when they found out that she was a girl. They both had told us numerous times over the past few months that they really wanted a baby sister, and in Austin's words "Mom, I'm sick of having boys..." Calvin doesn't really understand what is going on, so it remains to be seen, in the next few weeks how he feels about the whole situation.

We are doing well, and at this point, the Lord willing, we hope to return home on Saturday the 16th. Russ and I are again humbled that the Lord has given us this new life to train in His ways. We ask for your prayers as we embark on this awesome task. I'll leave you with some pictures of our precious little girl. Enjoy!!


Meeting our baby girl for the first time.


Bradyn and Gracie


Austin and Gracie


The boys admiring their new baby sister


Daddy and his little girl


















No comments:

Post a Comment