***

*****

*****

Monday, November 27, 2017

Take My Grief

Do you want my grief?

Please, for a moment, take it please.

Hold it next to your heart,
feel it burn and tear you apart.

Please, I beg of you, ease my mind.

Give me sleep for just one night.

Get the flashbacks, the heart-stopping pangs.

The helplessness from losing my way.

Can you feel my grief?

Hold it close, it will bring you to your knees.

Your soul will yell, it will scream.

Can you hear it bellow while it takes your peace?

Your body aches, your mind stands still.

You live in the past, where things were real.

Help me, friend, I ask of you.

Take this grief for a day or two.

Just long enough so I can clear my head.

So I can feel like my child's not gone.....

Charla Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment