***

*****

*****

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I guess it's about time to sit down and let you all know what has been going on with us since Thanksgiving. Those two months simply flew by and I can't believe it is the end of January already!! Wow!

We were blessed to be able to spend Christmas with both our families. We enjoy the holidays, but are also relieved when they are past. It seems too easy to get caught up in the materialism of the world around us. It's sad how the true meaning of Christmas is shoved aside for the materialism of the world. We spent New Years eve and New Years day amongst family and friends as well.

Since then, life has slowed down a bit, and we have been able to get back into some sort of routine around our home. Bradyn is back is school, and still enjoying it so much. We have officially started the second semester. I can't believe we are over half-way finished with the school year! It continues to be cold and the snow that we didn't have over Christmas break has come, with no signs of it going away any time soon.

Russ and the boys (minus Calvin of course) were able to join some of his family at Rosa Parks Circle on a Friday in early January to go ice skating. Bradyn and Austin had a lot of fun, and have been asking ever since, when we are going ice skating again. This past weekend Russ and I traveled up to The Shack with most of his siblings for an "adults only" getaway. We were not able to spend the night, but were there for a few hours in the evening and were able to share dinner and banana splits with everyone. We also had fun playing a game called "What's Yours Like?" If any of you know what a Lotterman get-together is like, and have played this game before, you know very well, it was a good time!

I have been getting back into my sewing after some time off after Calvin was born. Now that he is more on a schedule, it is easier to get some therapeutic sewing time in. I've gathered many ideas, I would like to try out, so I'll be keeping busy with that in the future.

Russ was laid off from Artistic Landscapes in mid-December...guess you can't plant plants in frozen ground.....while he was off, we had the opportunity to clean our house from top to bottom. We went through every room and reorganized things and got rid of things we no longer needed or wanted. It looks much better now!

As of January 17 Russ is employed again. We are thankful to God for his provision for us in the form of work for Russ' hands. Although he kept himself busy while he was off, readying his tax business,hand delivering flyers and job hunting, he admits it is a good thing to be back working again. He is working temporarily at Innotech in Zeeland. My uncle is higher up in the company and was able to pull some strings and get him in as a maintenance man. It is sometimes a little boring, but he is thankful to be feeling useful again.

Our boys continue to grow by leaps and bounds, for which we are so thankful. Bradyn is excelling in school. He loves going to school, and is easily disappointed if there is a day off. I hope he continues to like it through his junior high and high school years too....we'll see about that!

Austin is a very bright little boy. He continues to entertain us all with his silly antics and sayings. He is beginning to show much interest in anything that has to do with writing or coloring and can even write his very first word....boot....lovingly taught to him by his big brother. Both love their little brother to pieces and it's so fun to see them interact with him, and to see their compassionate sides, in the way they treat him.

Calvin continues to grow by leaps and bounds as well! I can't believe he is over 4 months old already! After his weight problems in the first few months of his life, he has rebounded quite well and at his 4 month check up, weighs in at 14 lbs and is 26 in. long! Thanks be to God!! He continues to be a very smiley baby, although he saves most of his smiles for mom, dad or his brothers. He is not as of yet sleeping through the night, I think he likes cuddling with dad and mom in their warm bed instead of sleeping by himself in his cold bed. All the same I can say he is a good baby, he is able to keep himself entertained for short amounts of time, or be entertained by his big brothers, so I am able to get things done around the house.

I will leave you at that point, as I'm starting to ramble on. I hope this finds you all well and I hope to be a bit more "on the ball" with this blogging thing. God's blessings to you all in the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment