***

*****

*****

Friday, September 14, 2012

Calvin is TWO!!

I am amazed that it has been 2 years already since Calvin joined our family!! He has been such a joy to us, and we are so very thankful that God has entrusted him to our care. Yesterday was a pretty normal day for us. We started off the morning by baking Calvin's birthday cake. Calvin had some nice one on one time with his big brother looking at books.

Austin and Calvin looking at books together.


Then, at the last minute the 3 of us decided to go to some garage sales with my sister Chelsea and my mom. It was a perfect day for a nice walk and I was able to come away with some pretty good finds, so it was well worth it!

We came home and while Calvin was napping, Austin and I worked on Calvin's cake. I decided to make a train cake, since lately he has taken a lot of interest in the Thomas the Tank Engine and friends we have around here. I found a tutorial video online that showed me how to make the cake. Austin has always loved helping me in the kitchen, so he was excited to work one on one with me on the cake. Bradyn helped a little when he got home too, but then realized that playing baseball outside was a lot more fun! :) I was able to finish the cake just in time for Russ to come home. For Calvin's birthday dinner we had pulled pork from the crock pot on buns and some vegetables. Calvin LOVES any meat done in the crock pot, and corn happens to be one of his favorites, so he was a happy boy!!

After supper, we had Calvin blow out the candle (with a little help) on his cake after we all sang happy birthday to him. Then we had cake and ice cream. Just like last year, Calvin wanted nothing to do with his cake. He is not a sweet lover AT ALL, but I guess that isn't so bad is it?

The cake

Ready to blow out his candle.

When we all were settled with our cake and ice cream, we had him open his present from us (with a little help from his big brother) and his cards from his grandma, great grandma, and great great grandma. He got a lego duplo block set from us, and was pretty excited about the dog figurine in the picture on the box.

Ready to open gifts! (Please disregard my messy kitchen, and the fact that there is somewhat girly paper on his gift. You'd think with having all boys I'd have some boyish paper around....not so much. :)

Hmmm, what's in here?

He did it!

He found the dog!

Checking out what's inside!

I'm fairly certain Calvin had NO idea what having a birthday was all about. Bradyn and Austin kept saying "Happy Birthday" to him and when they sang the song to him, he was a little overwhelmed and yelled for them to STOP!! I'm sure next year he'll have caught on to it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment