***

*****

*****

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Gracie's Baptism

This past Sunday, April 28, 2013, Russ and I were blessed and priviledged to be able to bring our precious daughter before God and our family and friends, to be baptized. We are, yet again, humbled to be able to do this, and also humbled by what the sacrament of baptism signifies for us and our children. The washing away of our sins through Christ, and that God makes an eternal covenant of grace with us, His children, and adopts us to be His children and heirs unto everlasting life.

I was approached by one of the guests of one of the other couples who had their baby baptized and she pointed out to me in our conversation that even though we may be nervous going up in front of the whole church, being the center of attention and such, if we look at the big picture and what the true meaning of the whole day is, it should bring us such peace to think of what is actually happening during baptism. I admit I hadn't put a lot of thought into the day in that way, so I am thankful for her kind words.

Gracie did very well, and slept through the entire service. We had the 3 boys sit with my parents, so it was nice for Russ and I to be able to sit through a service without interruption from Calvin who lately has had to be taken out 2-3 times a service. Rev. Eriks preached a very fitting sermon from Proverbs 4 on how we need to warn our children of the path of the wicked.

After the service we had a cake from Costco (thanks Lindy!) and some various goodies from the homes of all our relatives who were able to join us for the special occasion.


The yummy cake


My mom holding Simon (of Matthew & Chelsea) named after my great grandpa Buquet and my dad holding Gracie, named after my great grandma Buquet


Our family


My sister Chelsea and me with our babies. They are about 6 months apart.


Simon and Gracie visiting with each other


Gracie in her dress






A close up of her shoes and leggings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment