***

*****

*****

Friday, April 26, 2013

I happened to stumble across this blog post from another blog that I follow. It was something that I really needed to be reminded of today and will continue to need be reminded of, EVERY day of my life. I know I'm not the only person that struggles with feeling like they need to please people and with the worries about what they think of how I do things or how I look. Therefore I'm posting this because I KNOW there are others who would be encouraged by this as well.

I tend to be more of a horizontal thinker than a vertical thinker. HUH??? This means I tend to worry more about what PEOPLE who are horizontally arranged around me think, than what GOD who is vertically arranged from me thinks. I NEED to remember that the audience that is MOST important to please is my audience of ONE.....God. I can't be so worried about what others think about how I parent or discipline my children, such as when we decide to start having them sit in church, or how long we keep our newborn isolated instead of letting her get sick to build up her immune system. I can't worry about what people think of how I look, or about how long it's taking me to lose the extra baby weight I gained. (Believe me, there are people I know that are not afraid to let me know how they feel about all of these subjects). I need to remember that as long as I'm doing what is right in GOD's eyes, that is all that matters. This is something I tell my kids all . the . time. Especially when they come home from school, hurting because of what someone has done to them or said to them. Looks like I need to take my own advice and put my focus fully on my faithful, heavenly Father. He's the only one that I should be focused on pleasing.

Audience of One by Big Daddy Weave
If you'd like to watch this video, you may have to scroll down to the bottom of the blog and turn the sound off on my songs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment