***

*****

*****

Monday, December 15, 2014

Back at it (hopefully)


Well, I did it again. After promising myself I'd keep up with the ol' blog, I didn't, and now many things have happened. I'm not even going to try to go back and post on everything that has happened in the last 9 months so we'll just pick up right here with what's happening right now.

Saturday was an interesting day here at the Lotterman house. It started like any other Saturday....kids getting up early, mom and dad taking advantage of the opportunity to sleep in for once. After breakfast Russ was doing some work outside, and had to venture into the basement for something. Those of you who have been in our basement know that if you're more than 5 foot tall, you have to stoop the entire time you're down there or you'll knock your head on the pipes and heat ducts that are hanging from the ceiling. Russ was in a bit of a hurry, and miscalculated where the corner of the heat duct was, and stood up right into it. I was in the house and Austin came running in saying "dad cracked his head open!!" My brain immediately pictured him laying on the cement floor in the garage unconscious. Thankfully this was not the case!! It turns out, he just took a chunk of skin (and hair) out of the top of his head. Head wounds bleed like crazy if you didn't know that.

After a phone call to my mom, we took the kids there and headed to Spectrum West pavilion. After a two hour wait, we finally got into a room. Thankfully Russ was not in a lot of pain, just kind of frustrated at wasting his Saturday. He had a good time joking around with the doctor as he got stitched up. The wound was quite an abnormal shape, so he had to put in 1 stitch and then was able to pull it together with 4 staples.

***DISCLAIMER*** I'm posting these pictures of the wound because I thought it was interesting to watch. This is fair warning to those of you who are squeamish with blood.***


All stitched up (but not yet cleaned up)



2 comments:

  1. I hope your hair grows back in that spot! You can't really afford to loose any:) Just kidding. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would fit right in over here, Russell!
    Glad you are back at it, Karisa! So eager to see you and your boys again and meet your sweet little Gracie!

    ReplyDelete